Position: Quality Assurance Lead
Great North Aleworks is a 20 barrel production brewery located in Manchester, NH. Founded by Rob and Lisa North, the brewery’s goal is simple – to craft flavorful, food friendly beers, while maintaining a fanatical devotion to quality.
Essential duties and responsibilities for the role of Quality Assurance Lead shall include:
- Sample and analyze carbon dioxide and oxygen levels in packaged product
- Monitor fermentations and yeast performance
- Conduct forced fermentations and VDK analysis
- Utilize specialized equipment to perform microbial and chemical analysis
- Performing root cause analysis when beer is out of spec.
- Perform quality checks on raw materials, fermenting product, and packaged product
- Test and monitor hygiene of fermentation vessels and packaging equipment
- Organize and conduct sensory panels
- Interpret and communicate quality objectives to the rest of the organization
- Maintain documentation to establish product specifications and quality attributes
- Establish and implement procedures to improve quality and reduce operating costs
- Respond to customer complaints in a professional, courteous, and measured manner
- Alerting management to trends or out of spec situations with the appropriate urgency
- Recording collected data in an organized and searchable archive
- Maintain brewery SOPs and perform regular reviews with management and staff
- Maintain library of packaged product
- Clean, calibrate, and maintain testing equipment
- Perform yeast propagation
- Perform yeast and bacteria media preparation and sample plating
- Conduct yeast cell counts and viability analysis
- Procure lab supplies and equipment
- Maintain a neat, clean, and safe lab
- Work in a careful, safe manner in accordance with company safety procedures
Additional duties shall be assigned as necessary.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Candidates should be able to prioritize daily tasks on own and have strong organizational skills.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a science, or related lab experience required.
- Previous experience at a brewery preferred.
- Strong familiarity with beer sensory analysis desired.
To apply please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
We currently do not have any other job openings. If you would like to submit your resume for future consideration, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Tasting Room Hours
Thursday3:00 - 7:00
Friday3:00 - 7:00
Saturday12:00 - 6:00
Sunday12:00 - 4:00