Packaging Technician – Full Time
Great North Aleworks is an award-winning production craft brewery in Manchester, New Hampshire. We are currently seeking full time Packaging Technicians to join our growing team.
About the Company
Great North Aleworks maintains a fanatical devotion to quality, family, and company culture. We recently entered our fourth year of production and are currently distributed in three New England states with more on the horizon. We have experienced nonstop growth in our three years of business and are expecting immediate growth in the upcoming months. Currently we are planning for an expansion of our brewery, packaging lines, tasting room and pilot program. We are a family run business that loves great beer, spicy food, and 80’s soft rock, and are committed to professionalism and damn good beer.
About the Position
As a Packaging Technician you will be responsible for the proper operation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and cleanliness of all canning and kegging equipment. Packaging Technicians will work closely with brewery/cellar personnel and report directly to the Packaging Manager. While responsibilities will focus on packaging, they will extend to other duties, including but not limited to cellar and filtration. All employees are encouraged to brew on our pilot system for tasting room and eventual distribution releases!
- Safely and efficiently operate all machinery associated with packaging beer by following standard operating and safety procedures
- Continuously monitor quality of product during packaging run
- Startup and shutdown of utilities and equipment
- Maintain proper packaging records and logs
- Maintain canning/kegging equipment and hardware in functioning order
- Coordinating with management and Quality Assurance, inspect packaged product to ensure it is to spec and ready for distribution
- Ensure packaging area, equipment and materials are kept clean and organized
- Assist with packaging supply inventory counts and management
- Seek ways to improve the efficiency and safety of the canning process
- Communicate with brewery/cellar personnel about condition of tanks and beer spec prior to packaging
Successful candidates will have the following qualities:
We are seeking a person with a mechanical inclination and an interest in manufacturing and processes equipment to join our packaging team.
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Self-motivated with a keen attention to detail
- Willingness to assist with tasks outside key responsibilities
- Communicate efficiently with team and customers
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment
- Mechanically inclined with the ability to trouble shoot and problem solve quickly
- Proper use of PPE
- Positive attitude
- Forklift experience
- Attention to detail
- Genuine enthusiasm for craft beer
- Ability to handle extreme sarcasm
How to Apply
Interested? Please send your resume and a brief description of why you would be a good fit for this position to email@example.com with the subject line ‘Packaging Technician’.
Please no phone calls or drop-ins.
Tasting Room Staff & Brand Ambassador – Part Time
Great North Aleworks is seeking a qualified individual to join our team on a part-time basis. Primary responsibilities will be to work in our tasting room. Additional responsibilities will include representing the brewery as a brand ambassador at festivals and tastings. Shifts will include Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday afternoons/evenings and other times for private events, festivals, and tastings.
$10/hour – this is an hourly, part-time position
- Prep tasting room and facilities prior to open, includes cleaning the bathrooms, mopping, dishes, chalkboard art, etc.
- Interact with tasting room customers, including greeting customers, checking IDs, describing the beers on tap, answering questions about the brewery, etc.
- Pour samples, pints, and fill growlers
- Bus and clean tables, wash dishes
- Prepare food menu items
- Track customer tabs, complete cash and credit card transactions via POS
- Swap kegs from keg cooler
- Comply with Manchester City Health and NH State Liquor Commission requirements
- Represent Great North Aleworks at tastings events and festivals outside of the brewery
Qualifications & Requirements
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Interest and knowledge of craft beer and beer styles
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to lift at least 75 lbs.
- Willingness to take direction
- POS and cash handling experience
- 21+ with a valid drivers license
- Flexible work schedule
- Ability to drive up to 50 miles to represent Great North Aleworks at festivals and events
Great North Aleworks is a production brewery and tasting room located in Manchester, NH.
How to Apply
Interested? Please send your resume and a brief description of why you would be a good fit for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Tasting Room Staff’.
Please no phone calls or drop-ins.
We do not have any other openings at this time. If you would like to submit your resume for future consideration, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Tasting Room Hours
Thursday3:00 - 7:00
Friday3:00 - 7:00
Saturday12:00 - 6:00
Sunday12:00 - 4:00