Last Updated: 5/7/2021
JOB TITLE: Tasting Room Staff
LOCATION: Great North Aleworks, Manchester, NH
REPORTS TO: Tasting Room Manager
POSITION TYPE: Part-Time, Hourly base wage (above minimum wage), supplemented by tips and great perks
SHIFT: Available shifts are on Thursday through Sunday; potential for additional for events
Great North Aleworks is looking for someone to join our Tasting Room team part time. If you’re looking for a summer or weekend gig where you can enjoy yourself, talk with great customers, and be a part of a fun team, please send us a short cover letter with your availability and your resume to: email@example.com
- Proper pouring of beer and preparation of small food items
- Bar and table service in our tasting room and patio
- Open/close sidework and overall cleanliness
- Cash handling and customer tab management
If you are interested in craft beer or the industry, consider joining a team where you can learn more and share your passion with others. Being a small company, there may be room to grow if desired.
- Must be 21+
- Must be able to lift sixth barrel kegs (58 lbs)
JOB TITLE: Brewer/Cellar
LOCATION: Great North Aleworks, Manchester, NH
REPORTS TO: Head Brewer/Cellar Manager
POSITION TYPE: Full-Time, Hourly, Non-Exempt
SHIFT: Dynamic to include nights and weekends
POSITION SUMMARY: Great North Aleworks has an opportunity for you to channel your passion for beer and challenge your brewing skills! We are seeking a self-motivated brewer to take advantage of an opportunity for technical and creative growth. Great North Aleworks is a quality focused production brewery looking for the right individual to produce our award winning, year-round offerings on a semi-automated 20BBL system. Our 2.5 BBL system will provide opportunity for creativity and exploration!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operation of a 20 barrel, semi-automated brewhouse.
- Directly responsible for maintaining high quality standards in all areas of brewing and cellaring.
- Maintain a sanitary and micro-biologically stable work environment through Clean in Place (CIP) procedures and solid general housekeeping practices.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Yeast handling, including harvesting, laboratory cell counts, and pitching.
- Monitor and record fermentations including routine analysis of in-process beer.
- Continual lifting, dragging, carrying, and manipulating of hoses, parts, pumps, buckets, and reservoirs requiring standing, walking, crouching, and lifting regularly throughout the duration of shift.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance on equipment and infrastructure in collaboration with other staff.
- Aid in the professional development of new brewers.
- Participate in sensory training and weekly sensory sessions.
- Manage raw materials including receiving, sorting, rotating, and performing weekly inventory counts.
- Additional duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Computer and other process automation systems.
- Brewing raw materials including water, hops, malt, and yeast.
- Cleaning and sanitizing chemicals.
- Pumps, hoses, valves, clamps, gaskets, and other brewery equipment.
- Fork lift/aerial lift.
IMPORTANT SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Passion for beer.
- Commitment to safety.
- Demonstrated interest in continuous learning about beer and brewing.
- Positive outlook and attitude.
- Ability to maintain productivity with limited supervision.
- Adherence to quality standards and attention to detail.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to manage multiple processes at one time.
- Self-motivated with good time management skills.
- Ability to coordinate with other departments according to schedule.
- Ability to work in a diverse team environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate with staff throughout the brewery.
- Work shifts including nights, weekends, and (rare) holidays.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL:
- Have a minimum of 3 years of experience in a commercial brewery as a brewer/cellarman.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the brewing process.
- Have a thorough understanding of good cellar practices.
- Experience with EKOS a plus.
- Ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and climb.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 55 lbs.
- Full dexterity, and use of senses to identify potential hazards.
- Must be able to participate in critical assessment of beers.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Typical brewery environment: frequently high levels of noise, wet/slippery conditions, cold/hot climate.
- The employee regularly works with hazardous materials, such as cleaning and sanitizing chemicals.
- The employee works on wet floors and with wet equipment.
- The employee regularly works around high voltage, hot water, CO2, compressed air, and steam.
- Paid time off.
- Company-paid holidays.
- 401(k) plan.
- Health insurance – medical/dental/vision.
- Discounted beer, food, and merchandise.
Please send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No drop-ins please.
Great North Aleworks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Tasting Room Hours
Thursday3:00 - 7:00
Friday3:00 - 7:00
Saturday1:00 - 7:00
Sunday1:00 - 5:00