As of June 19, 2017 we have two openings:
Part Time Tasting Room Staff & Brand Ambassador
Great North Aleworks is seeking a qualified individual to join our team on a part-time basis. Primary responsibilities will be to work in our tasting room. Additional responsibilities will include representing the brewery as a brand ambassador at festivals and tastings. Shifts will include Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday afternoons/evenings and other times for private events, festivals, and tastings.
$10/hour – this is an hourly, part-time position
- Prep tasting room and facilities prior to open, includes cleaning the bathrooms, mopping, dishes, chalkboard art, etc.
- Interact with tasting room customers, including greeting customers, checking IDs, describing the beers on tap, answering questions about the brewery, etc.
- Pour samples, pints, and fill growlers
- Bus and clean tables, wash dishes
- Prepare food menu items
- Track customer tabs, complete cash and credit card transactions via POS
- Swap kegs from keg cooler
- Comply with Manchester City Health and NH State Liquor Commission requirements
- Represent Great North Aleworks at tastings events and festivals outside of the brewery
Qualifications & Requirements
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Interest and knowledge of craft beer and beer styles
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to lift at least 75 lbs
- Willingness to take direction
- POS and cash handling experience
- 21+ with a valid drivers licence
- Flexible work schedule
- Ability to drive up to 50 miles to represent Great North Aleworks at festivals and events
Great North Aleworks is a production brewery and tasting room located in Manchester, NH.
Interested? Please send your resume and a brief description of why you would be a good fit for this position to email@example.com with the subject line ‘Tasting Room Staff’.
Please no phone calls or drop-ins.
Field Sales Representative
Overview and Responsibilities
Great North Aleworks is a 20 barrel production brewery located in Manchester, NH. Founded by Rob and Lisa North, the brewery’s goal is simple – to craft flavorful, food friendly beers, while maintaining a fanatical devotion to quality.
At Great North, quality starts in the brewhouse, but continues through everything we do. We’re looking for someone full of personality, and a devotion to quality to help represent our brewery. This individual is outgoing, organized, and comfortable working independently in a fast-paced and competitive environment.
As our Field Sales Representative you’ll be spending a lot of time in your car, traveling throughout New Hampshire (and sometimes beyond…), sharing our story and beers with store owners, bar managers, and beer drinkers. You’ll be expected to host multiple weekly events both on and off premise such as in-store tastings, beer dinners, festivals and other promotional events.
Other responsibilities include:
- Develop and maintain strong, positive relationships with distributor sales personnel, supporting their efforts, as well as helping them develop new leads. Participate in “work-withs” with distributor sales personnel.
- Keep new and established accounts in the loop with our new products and developments. Or sometimes just remind them of Great North and our quality core offerings.
- Stay organized, take good notes, and make sure nothing falls through the cracks. Observe and report back to our sales and marketing manager on what’s going on outside the brewery. Maintain an accurate record of all sales calls, follow up needs and expenses.
- Increase sales within designated market territory.
- Schedule and perform tastings/promos at key accounts, as well as assist in the setup and execution of major events as needed (requires some weekend and evening availability) with goal of setting up at least one event per week.
- Conduct sales calls on all assigned accounts on the proper day and in the established sequence.
- Ensure all displays within your accounts include the applicable POS.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Things come up!
- A valid driver’s license, and a registered and insured vehicle.
- Basic knowledge of draft beer systems.
- Professional and personable verbal and written communications skills.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and other current technology.
- A basic knowledge of the brewing process and beer industry.
- Related sales experience is a bonus.
- Willingness to travel throughout New Hampshire, with some monthly travel to other New England states that we enter.
- Willingness to work some weeknights and weekends, as required by events
- Extremely self-motivated and comfortable working remotely.
- Ability to lift up to 55 pounds.
- Must have a reliable car
To apply please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please no phone calls or drop-ins.
Tasting Room Hours
Thursday3:00 - 7:00
Friday3:00 - 7:00
Saturday12:00 - 6:00
Sunday12:00 - 4:00