JOB TITLE: Brewer/Cellar
LOCATION: Great North Aleworks, Manchester, NH
REPORTS TO: Brewing Manager
POSITION TYPE: Full-Time, Hourly, Non-Exempt
SHIFT: Dynamic; First and Second Shift
About the company:
Great North Aleworks is an award-winning production craft brewery in Manchester, New Hampshire. We are one of the largest craft brewers in the state, with a 3-vessel 20-barrel DME brewhouse, Wild Goose/Ska Fabrication packaging line, comprehensive quality program, 1,500 square foot drive in cooler, and large tasting room with outdoor patio.
Great North Aleworks maintains a fanatical devotion to quality, family, and company culture. We recently entered our eighth year of production and are widely distributed in New Hampshire with plans for increased distribution.
About the position:
This position is responsible for day-to-day production brewing and cellaring tasks. This includes, but is not limited to; brewing on production and pilot systems, brew house CIP, dry hopping tanks, cleaning tanks, carbonating tanks, cleaning kegs, handling/receiving of raw materials and ingredients, as well as monitoring the fermentation and conditioning processes.
- Safely and efficiently operate all machinery associated with the position by following standard operating and safety procedures
- Continuously monitor quality of product through data collection and sensory analysis
- Wort production
- CIP of brewhouse, pilot system, fermentation and brite tanks
- Yeast handling and pitching
- Cellar tasks including but not limited to: dry hopping, gravity readings, keg filling, keg washing, beer transfers.
Successful candidates will have the following qualities:
- Ability to independently troubleshoot and problem solve when issues arise around brewing, fermentation, and associated equipment
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Self-motivated with a keen attention to detail
- Willingness to assist with tasks outside key responsibilities
- Communicate effectively with staff
- Flexibility to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Prior experience operating a forklift and safety certification is preferred
- Previous experience in brewing and/or cellaring
- Proper use of PPE
- Positive attitude
- Basic math skills
- Attention to detail
- Genuine enthusiasm for craft beer
- Comfortable with heights
- Ability to lift 55 lbs., climb stairs and ladders
- Paid time off
- Company-paid holidays
- 401(k) plan
- Health insurance – medical/dental/vision
- Discounted beer, food, and merchandise
- Please send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- No drop-ins please.
- Great North Aleworks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Tasting Room Hours
Thursday3:00 - 7:00
Friday3:00 - 7:00
Saturday1:00 - 7:00
Sunday1:00 - 5:00